» Teleporter with effects
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:51 am by Pierry

» Some possibly useful addons
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 am by Pierry

problems with misc_bsp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problems with misc_bsp

Post by srigby3 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:50 am

i know there is already a topic about this but, it doesn't queit explain the same problem i am haveing,
i tried placeing a misc_bsp on my server and it crashed, i then tried with spawnflags,1 and the server didn't crash and it said that i had placed gthe ent, and it showed up in the ent list but it didn't apear anywehere on the map, i couldn't see it and i couldn't run into it, i even tried it in the void any still nothing. i was trying to spawn t1_inter this was the code i used
/place misc_bsp 0 bspmodel,t1_inter,spawnflags,1, i was on siege desert in case that has anything to do with it

srigby3
New User
New User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: problems with misc_bsp

Post by Zkyo on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:34 am

srigby3 wrote:/place misc_bsp 0 bspmodel,t1_inter,spawnflags,1, i was on siege desert in case that has anything to do with it
there's ur problems. First off, never use 0. Enter /where to find the origin you want, and use * instead, and add the key origin,XX YY ZZ
Next, there is no buildable area of the void in siege_desert. Some maps have a buildable one, others don't. There's only a couple small areas on siege_desert.
The easiest-to-find spot on siege_desert is in the last city area, inside the wall with a hole in it (not the breakable one, theres a hole in the far wall). There is a small area behind the wall just large enough to fit t1_inter.

Btw, i posted a guide here on building in the void.

Zkyo
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lugorhelp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by imp on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:26 pm

[quote="Zkyo"][quote="srigby3"]/place misc_bsp [color=green]0[/color] bspmodel,t1_inter,spawnflags,1, i was [color=green]on siege desert[/color] in case that has anything to do with it[/quote]
there's ur problems. First off, never use 0. Enter /where to find the origin you want, and use * instead, and add the key origin,XX YY ZZ
Next, there is no buildable area of the void in siege_desert. Some maps have a buildable one, others don't. There's only a couple small areas on siege_desert.
The easiest-to-find spot on siege_desert is in the last city area, inside the wall with a hole in it (not the breakable one, theres a hole in the far wall). There is a small area behind the wall just large enough to fit t1_inter.

Btw, i posted a guide http://lugorhelp.forumotion.com/submitted-guides-f1/finding-a-buildable-portion-of-the-void-t103.htm]here [/url]on building in the void.[/quote]

Wrong, all maps have areas in the void where the entities are rendered,
plus siege_desert have a big buildable area, in the 2nd area, near the semi sctructure with 2 doors that leads to rancor arena, Up around 10000 - 25000 mpa units in z ayis theres a epicly big buildable area

'"never use 0. Enter /where to find the origin you want, and use * instead, and add the key origin,XX YY ZZ"

that's not his problem, his problem is that he spawned the ent, but he never mentioned he restarted the map or not,
his problem actually is the fact he didn't restarted the map so the misc_bsp ent loads

imp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zkyo on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:39 pm

really, i was told that some maps didn't have a buildable area.. ah well.

and yea, i forgot to mention saving and restarting the map ._.

Zkyo
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lugorhelp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:20 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top