» Television
Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:25 am by Mr. Swister

» Lugormod U# on server
Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 pm by Shadow

» Teleporter with effects
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:51 am by Pierry

» Some possibly useful addons
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 am by Pierry

Vandroiy - Simple RP-style quest (an old, damaged R5)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vandroiy - Simple RP-style quest (an old, damaged R5)

Post by Vandroiy on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:16 am

INTRODUCTION
I'm not really new in Lugormod, but in building. In the past few days, I've built an RP-style quest on my server, and I would be glad, if I can share it. Note, that this is a beginner-to-beginners type guide.

This quest is suitable for all servers, which tries to make a great RP athmosphere for it's players.

THE TERMINAL
First, we'll need a terminal, for the basic RP feeling. The player will notice the R5 on the ground and will try to use it. There'll be two options:
  1. Observer it (target: r5Obs)
  2. Touch it (target: r5Start)

Code:
/place lmd_terminal 0 model,map_objects/imperial/r5destroyed,targetname,r5Term,message,^1W^7hat do you do?,cmd,^2Observe it,cmd2,^2Touch it,target,r5Obs,target2,r5Start

Next, we'll inform the player if he choosed the option one.
Code:
/place target_print * spawnflags,20,targetname,r5Obs,message,^1I^7t looks like an old R5 unit. Better don't touch it

THE QUESTS BASICS
There is nothing more to do with the fist option. But the second. We'll need a target_deactivate, target_teleporter, and an NPC_spawner (optionally, you can place a target_print to the second option, to inform the player what is going on). These three (+ one) entites must have the same targetname, to be called at the same time.

Go to your quest place (where the quest is held, not where the damaged r5 is). First, place the teleporter.
Code:
/place target_teleporter 12 targetname,r5Start

We should deactivate the button (r5Term) in order to prevent helding more than one quest at the same time. That would be a chaos.
Code:
/place target_deactivate * targetname,r5Start,target,r5Term

Go to the middle of the room and place the NPC spawner. Crucial part is here. I used wampa for my quest, feel free to modify it.
Code:
/place NPC_spawner 30 NPC_type,wampa,count,-1,health,5000,NPC_target5,r5sucess,NPC_target6,r5failed,showhealth,1,targetname,r5Start

SUCESS!
If the player suceeds killing the NPC, we need to tele him out, activate the button, and give him some credits. Let's do this.

Remember the NPC spawner? The NPC_target5 means, it will fire, when a player kills the NPC. To be a bit exact: the player will fire the targets. It is important to know who should be teleported out and who should get the credits. The NPC_target5 value in this example is r5sucess.

So, go to the damaged r5 to place the teleport.
Code:
/place target_teleporter 12 targetname,r5sucess

We should activate the terminal; the quest will be repeatable.
Code:
/place target_activate * targetname,r5sucess,target,r5Term

And finally, we should give the player some credits. In this example this ammount is 200 cr.
Code:
/place target_credits * targetname,r5sucess,count,200

This quest is totally playable by now (or it should be... Very Happy). But what happens if the player fails? The button won't be activated again unless somebody kills the NPC.

FAIL...
There is two basic things to do. First, we should kill the NPC, and reactivate the button. Here comes the NPC_target6 key. It fires, when the NPC kills a player. The keys value in this example is r5failed.

First, place the target_kill to kill the NPC. It's possible, because the NPC_target6 keys value is fired by the NPC - and the target_kill kills it's activator, not the target.
Code:
/place target_kill * targetname,r5failed,target,r5failedActivate

We kill the NPC and point to the last stepp: the activator. As usual, target our terminal.
Code:
/place target_activate * targetname,r5failedActivate,target,r5Term

CONCLUSION
I've really enjoyed building this quest. I needed to figure out everything; how it should work, how it shouldn't. This is the reason why will somebody say, that it's too complicated. Probably it's. If somebody (I mean Zkyo) activates this guide, I'd be pleased.

Have fun, and may the force be with you all.

Some pictures:

Vandroiy
New User
New User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vandroiy - Simple RP-style quest (an old, damaged R5)

Post by Zkyo on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:17 am

not bad Very Happy
npc_target6? the entity guide i have only goes up to target5, so i never heard about that one. thx for the tip, i was doing that a slightly more complicated way. XD

Zkyo
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lugorhelp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandroiy on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:52 am

Zkyo wrote:not bad Very Happy
npc_target6? the entity guide i have only goes up to target5, so i never heard about that one. thx for the tip, i was doing that a slightly more complicated way. XD

I saw that key here.

Vandroiy
New User
New User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veyron-45 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:29 am

Nais.
To best add target_speaker with droid sound

Veyron-45
Standard Member
Standard Member

View user profile http://jkaforall.x10.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by imp on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:36 pm

uhm is not actually complex, is good for newbies into building as reference of semi complex entity systems.

if lmd_interact worked well, we coudl do awesome stuff withing RP-like quests and other stuff.

imp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zkyo on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:32 am

never heard of lmd_interact... gonna look that up lol. For rp type terminals, i prefer to use lmd_pwterminals that give the password. Ex: to use a bed, enter /interact bed.

Zkyo
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lugorhelp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PetiX on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Oh, thnx ^^

PetiX
New User
New User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top