» Teleporter with effects
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:51 am by Pierry

» Some possibly useful addons
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 am by Pierry

How to set up a Lugormod Server - Written by NoHeadz42

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to set up a Lugormod Server - Written by NoHeadz42

Post by NoHeadz42 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:55 pm

This tutorial is not meant to explain you how everything works, I tried to keep this very simple so that you can get your server to work. Also, this tutorial doesn't explain anything about how to build or how to play lugormod.

FIRST STEP = DOWNLOADING THE FILES

To launch your lugormod server, you will first need a few files : http://www.2shared.com/file/bEfylOIc/lugormod.html (wait 5 seconds and then click on "Skip Ad" on the top right)
Extract the files with WinZip or WinRar, and place them in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData (if you're on windows). Without these files, you won't be able to launch any JKA server, so make sure to place them at the right place. The ones in the "base" folder go in the "base" folder (which you already have in your JKA Gamedata folder), and the ones in the "lugormod" folder go in the "lugormod" folder (which you already in your JKA Gamedata folder if you've played lugormod before, if not, it won't be there, and it's normal).
In the lugormod folder : server.cfg allows you to edit your server settings, like the name of the server. jampgamex86.dll is the lugormod's version you're using (currently 2.4.5.3), if a new version comes out, just go to this link to download it : http://lugormod.robophreddev.net/versions/releases
In the base folder, you have the botfiles. You can edit these files to set up your own personal bot.
And, you have Start Dedicated and Start LAN files. In the Start Dedicated and Start LAN files, you need to write your server's port. The default is 29070, but if you pick another one (we'll see that later), you will have to change it. Just open the file with Notepad and change the part where it says "29070".

SECOND STEP = FINDING YOUR ADDRESSES

Ok, now we need to find what address your computer is assigned on your network and your router's address as well.
For Windows XP:
Click on the start menu bar
Go across to the right side and look for a menu bar called 'Connect To' click 'show all connections'
Under the heading "LAN or high-speed connection" find your active network that should be named 'Local Area Connection' or something similar. Double click on this.
in the new window click the Support tab at the top and look at the list of addresses.
Take note of your LAN address, this is your computers address on your network, it will probably be something like 192 168.1.100
Also take note of your "Default Gateway" this is your routers address, which is normally 192 168.1.1
The last address you need to know before you continue to the next part is your networks internet address, your IP address, go to: www.whatismyip.com or a similar site to find it out.
(thanks to the lugormod wiki for that part)
On Windows 7:
Click on the start menu bar
Click on "Control Panel" on the right side
In the Control Panel, click on "Network and Sharing Center". Then, somewhere on the page will be written "Local Area Connection", click on it.
In the new window, click on "Details". Now, note your IPv4 Address and your IPv4 Default Gateway (usually, 192.168.1.1).

THIRD STEP = YOUR ROUTER

Now, go in your internet browser and write your default gateway address that we found earlier in the address bar (usually, 192.168.1.1).
A page should appear with "Username" and "Password". If your router has not been configured, you can try to leave the username area blank and write in the password area : admin. If this does not work, you can try the opposite. If none of this work, try to look up at your router to see the default password, or ask the person who configured the router for you.
Now that you are on your router's page, try to find an area called "Port Forwarding" or something like that. Or, try to find an area called "Advanced" or "Advanced Settings", and when you're in, try to find the "Port Forwarding" area.
Now, you will have to write your Computer's local IP Address that we found earlier, and your server's port (I suggest 29070, since this is the default one in the Start Dedicated and Start LAN files). Here is a screenshot of my settings (ignore the minecraft server lol) : http://www.2shared.com/photo/wn6aw1Cv/screenshot.html (wait 5 seconds and then click on "Skip Ad" on the top right)
Don't forget to save the settings. You will probably have to reboot the router, but don't worry, you won't have to re-configure anything after that. Just wait, and your internet will be back on.

FOURTH STEP = LAUNCHING YOUR SERVER

There you go, you're ready to launch your server! Don't forget to edit your server.cfg to change your server settings, and if you did not write 29070 for your server's port in your router, don't forget to change it in the Start Dedicated and Start LAN files as well. Now, to launch your internet lugormod server, double-click on "Start Dedicated.BAT". If you want to launch a local server, double-click on "Start LAN.BAT". 2 windows will pop-up. If you wanna keep your server up, keep these windows opened.
Now, your server's internet address (the one players will see while connecting) will be your computer's IP address we found at http://www.whatismyip.com, followed by ":29070" (or the port you wrote in your router and your Start Dedicated file). For example : 24.37.241.42:29070
If you wanna check if your server works online, try connecting to your server with this IP address you found earlier, or ask another player to connect.
Finally, to make yourself admin, just connect to the server, create an account, then go in your server's window and write /grantadmin <account> <level>. For the level, write 1, so you'll be able to build.

Good luck with your server!

NoHeadz42
Standard Member
Standard Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to set up a Lugormod Server - Written by NoHeadz42

Post by Zkyo on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks for posting this, i'll move it to submitted guides. That looks like it should work for most people.

Zkyo
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lugorhelp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NoHeadz42 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:40 am

No problem, and by the way could you change the title : "Written by NoHead42", instead of LowHead42? Thx

NoHeadz42
Standard Member
Standard Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tehlugornewb on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Say, I'm having some problems authorizing myself as admin.

I'm paying for a dedicated server service so I don't have the JKA (yellow text) server console.

I'm reading the Lugor pdf and I'm following these instructions:

/login tehlugornewb pass123
/rconPassword rconpass123
/rcon authother tehlugornewb 1

then I get this:

rcon
rconAddress
rconPassword
\rcon authother tehlugornewb 1
No such svcmd

Now these are the instructions right from the book.
it seems like theres no command called rcon authother, just rconAddress
rconPassword

is there any other way I can grant myself admin? the service I use is Art of War Central.

tehlugornewb
Just Registered
Just Registered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tehlugornewb on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 pm

the fix:

/login etc.
/rconpassword etc.
/rcon grantadmin tehlugornewb 1

works.