Lugormod Building Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» misc_bsp help
Remaps I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 5:30 pm by Shadow

» The Sith of Qarr
Remaps I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 8:57 pm by Cor

» Admin Key/disable teleports
Remaps I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 4:06 am by Pierry

» Some possibly useful addons
Remaps I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 3:37 pm by Pierry

» Active lugormod servers
Remaps I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 11:23 am by Pierry

» Quick links
Remaps I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 11:12 am by Pierry

» Help with trigger_usescript
Remaps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 8:16 am by flanagon

» New Lugormod U# (Windows + Linux)
Remaps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 7:03 am by Ufo

» iobject terminal
Remaps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 2:39 pm by flanagon

Remaps

2 posters

Go down

Remaps Empty Remaps

Post by Shadow Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:17 am

I have a question regarding remaps, ive been wondering how tr change the sky on somemaps, and the color/texture of walls and such, i know that you have to do /place lmd_remap * old,.......

But i cant find the rest of the cmd to make it change, i went to a lugormod server and the had tall grass and trees instead of sand,

I wish to know how to do this, it would be very heplful.

Thanks!
Shadow
Shadow
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Remaps Empty Re: Remaps

Post by Zkyo Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:52 am

Basically, for remapping, you would use:
/place lmd_remap * old,(the normal texture),new,(the texture you want to change it to)

I suggest using boba fett's ultra utility to find a list of all used textures on that map. start jka and UU, then:
1) minimize, and open UU's console monitor
2) click clear
3) restore jka
4) enter /shaderlist
5) minimize jka again
6) click somewhere in the console monitor window
7) Press CTRL + A, then CTRL + C
8 ) open notepad, and paste in the entire log

That will give you a list of every texture used. If you can see it, it is in that list. Now, for finding the one you want. You will need to open up the assets1.pk3 with winzip, packscape, or whatever program you use. Inside are several folders. All you will need to look in is the shaders and textures folders.

Inside the textures folder, you can open up and look at each texture. Some times the names of the pictures will work, other times not. Lets say that you want to use the texture grass_ground in the imperial folder. When remapping, you would set use textures/imperial/grass_ground when remapping.

As i said, sometimes a texture may not work right. That means you need to look in the shaders folder. Inside there, are a bunch of files named XXXXX.shader. You can open those with notepad too. Right now, open imperial.shader, and press CTRL + F. Type grass_ground in the box, and click find next. The section that it is in reads:

Click Here:

All you are interested in is the top line, saying textures/imperial/dp_ground. That is the name of the shader. Use that if you want to remap to the shader.

Now, about your sky. That is fairly simple to remap. Open up the shaderlist you used Ultra Utility to get, and search for "textures/skies". Most likely, that is the default shader for the sky. Lets say its textures/skies/desert. Now, open up the skies.shader file and try a few remaps to see what you like.
Example remap code:
Code:
/place lmd_remap * old,textures/skies/desert,new,textures/skies/boba_night

Note: When remapping skies, you MUST use a texture in the skies.shader file, or the server will probably crash.
Zkyo
Admin
Admin

https://lugorhelp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Remaps Empty Re: Remaps

Post by Shadow Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 pm

ok, Thanks very much!
Shadow
Shadow
Standard Member
Standard Member